I’ve been on a hunt, friends.
For flat, sleek, skinny-calved, extra tall brown leather boots. I looked on the internet (saks, neimans, barneys, nordstroms, macys, bloomies, piperlime, shopbop…oh the list goes on and I would bore you by continuing). I looked in the stores. I found a few I liked, but it was just never totally right. Here are the problems I encountered:
- Too big in the calf. Not good. Unless you’re Giselle Bundchen and they are Chloe boots that stand up by themselves and look awesome just because. I like my boots snug in the calf for a slim look.
- Too bulky in the foot. Again, Not good. I don’t want my feet to look like a size 13. Men’s. I’m going for a sleek feminine look in the toes.
- Too short. I don’t like mid-calf/mid-shin or “not quite to the bottom of my knee cap” boots. I like them tall and lean to the knee, and I think it’s universally more flattering.
- Not leather. So many great suede choices out there, but in SF where I expect to be rained on for the next several months, suede is just not a good option.
- Too cheap/Too expensive. I’ve found that my trendy less-than-$100 shoes have never lasted more than a season. And there are a million other things I’d rather spend $1000+ on right now. How about something in the $200-$300 range, please?
So, you’re probably thinking, get on with it and share the *^#@ boots!
Well, it’s on it’s way from New York and I’ll share pictures as soon as it arrives! Stay tuned!