What’s In My Travel Bag

November 18, 2011

As with everything when you do it enough in life, I’ve learned quite a lot when it comes to traveling and packing.  For me, there’s really only one simple rule and it’s this: carry-on only.  Too many bags have been lost and found by various airlines (a disappointing 24 hours later) and when you’re traveling on a tight schedule, waiting for baggage claim is just not efficient.  I travel light, and it’s made my travel significantly easier.  The packing?  Not so much.  🙂

Here’s what I’ve packed in my under-the-seat carry-on for my November beach vacation:

  • H&M Snood: The perfect throw-over-your-shoulders solution for cold window seats on the plane
  • Macbook Pro: Recently encased in a clear shell by Speck
  • iPhone
  • Stella McCartney Sunglasses & Case: My go-to pair of late
  • Various rings and bracelets and their own protective pouch
  • Hair claw
  • Reading material: Elle had just arrived, so it was the lucky one 
  • iPad: Are three forms of wifi-capable, blogging-enabling gear really required? Absolutely! 🙂
  • Packable Fendi beach bag
  • Lanvin heels for resort dinners
  • Caudalie Beauty Elixer: Recommended by a friend, it does wonders for post-airplane “air”
  • Ahava lotion: To battle the dryness
  • Estee Lauder Bitten Fig: This red shade is on my lips 75% of the time, the other 25% I’m wearing Revlon’s Wild Orchid (bright pink)
  • Kiehl’s Lip Balm: A must when I’m on the beach
  • Eclipse gum: Always fully stocked at home
  • Keys
  • Louis Vuitton Clutch / Purse / Crossbody bag / Wallet: It does it all and it’s compact.  No brainer
  • Lo & Sons O.G. Travel bag (courtesy of): This is the ultimate travel bag (and yes, it fit all of the above plus my DSLR camera!)
Next up?  What’s In My [totally amazing 4-wheel] Roller Bag.  Stay tuned. 🙂