40 Weeks: Looking Back
July 27, 2013
What a journey it’s been so far! Now that I’ve reached 40 weeks+, I wanted to share some of my pregnancy wardrobe MVPs:
- This black dress. It became my go-to dress for all occasions. And, because I bought it early on in my pregnancy I was so pleased to find that it continued to fit me as my bump grew. (Unfortunately the version I have is long-sleeved, but this is the short-sleeved equivalent).
- These jeans. Jeans ultimately became too uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time, but for the first 30 or so weeks of pregnancy, I lived in these.
- This striped dress (now on sale under $35!). It doesn’t seem logical to wear horizontal stripes as you experience your body growing wider and wider, but for some reason, I just couldn’t get enough of stripes. I was happy to have sized up for this dress because it was perfect for those body conscious days.
- Skirts. Stretchy tube skirts are the way to go after 30 weeks – I can’t believe it took me so long to buy more, they’re seriously the best!
- These flats. Since I knew was going to have to live in flats for the remainder of my pregnancy, I splurged on a pair I knew I would love wearing – and it was so worth it! I didn’t have to dread another day in flats.
- These sunglasses. My makeup routine got considerably simpler as time went by, and more often than ever before I stepped out with practically no makeup at all. I loved hiding behind my sunnies on those days.
- This lipstick. Even as I wore less and less makeup, lipstick was the one thing that instantly perked me up.
Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend! I’m still waiting to meet the little one – hoping she makes her arrival soon! 🙂