I never met an ankle-length pair of trousers I didn’t like…but I especially love this pair here at Nordstrom. Trousers like these work equally well with flats and heels, making it easy to transition from work to errands to playground. Here’s what I look for when I’m shopping for cropped trousers right now:
- Length: 1″ to 3″ above my ankle bone. Just enough ankle peeks through!
- Rise: high-rise. It’s the perfect rise for a tucked-in shirt.
- Fabric: just a little bit of stretch, and it has to pass the wrinkle test (I scrunch up a corner of the fabric for one quick second to see if it instantly gets wrinkles in it – it’s highly un-scientific but it works for me!)
And some of my top picks from various price ranges:
- Under $100: in black here, in indigo here, or a pair with just a little bit of a kick flare at the ankle here
- Under $200: in navy here, or in a similar gray as I’m wearing, but that’s less tapered at the ankle here
- Under $300: in black here or here
Thanks for visiting – hope you’re having a great week!
Trousers – BOSS at Nordstrom (here | also available with the matching blazer here)
Blouse – FRAME Denim (similar here)
Trench – thanks to Tibi (old | similar styles priced high to low: here, here and here)
Purse – Saint Laurent (similar here)
Heels – Jimmy Choo (current available colors in this style here)
Sunglasses – Illesteva (sold out but more styles here)
Lips – Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip “Soft Berry” (here)
Nails – Louboutin Beaute “Tutulle” (here)