Good morning and happy Wednesday! I’m wearing a few new and prized additions to my closet after lusting after them for so long and finally, finally checking eBay for them: this Rochas skirt (still available in a few sizes) and these party-ready satin mules by Manolo Blahnik. Did you know that 81% of all merchandise sold on eBay is new? Both of my purchases were new with tags/boxes and were a simple click away with the “Buy it Now” feature. I can’t believe I waited this long to go for these mules because I’m seriously in love. Over the years I’ve always gone to eBay when searching for an item that’s sold out in stores or from an older season. It’s the easy go-to for finding “the one that got away.” But I’m also loving it for current season pieces too – these mules are still available in stores but I found it for less on eBay.
A few tips for finding that elusive item, or “the one that got away:”
- Search for the exact product name, if you have it. I google around if I don’t have the product name and try to find it that way
- Add filters for your buying preferences. For me, I’ll check the boxes for: Condition (New with box), Format (Buy It Now), Delivery Options (Free Shipping). I also love that some sellers on eBay offer free returns!
- Shop around to make sure you’re getting the best price. I’m a deal hunter at heart so I always price check everywhere. eBay offers Price Match Guarantee too, fyi
Here are a few of my favorite finds (which would make wonderful holiday gifts too):
- This silk wrap top/jacket by The Row (one of my favorite brands, as long as I can find it on super sale). So elegant and romantic.
- This outlet store for home. I always check their new listings, I’m obsessed! I currently have my eye on this dining side chair (we have 4 chairs on our dining room, I’m on the hunt to add two more and this would look perfect with my existing furniture).
- These earrings by Oscar de la Renta. A fun and festive way to add color to your holiday outfit. I’m such a fan of Oscar de la Renta jewelry.
Thanks for stopping by and thank you eBay for partnering with me on this post.
PS: A peek at our tree – Lucia picked pink for the ornaments and helped us put them all on!