It’s been a really, really hard year for so many of us. But today, I want to keep my thoughts on all the reasons for which I am thankful – because there are still so. many. reasons.
So incredibly grateful for my family, for their health, for my friends, for the gift of time. Every day is a gift.
And last but certainly not least: for this online community of supportive women. Thank you for being part of my every day. I am so incredibly thankful for your kind words, messages, and for your support of my blog. It means the world to me.
I started my first IVF injections last night and I have to say that all of the encouraging words and messages I’ve received from you really helped me face it bravely. So many personal stories have been shared, so many words of advice from IVF warriors, so many positive thoughts and love sent my way. I am so darn lucky. Thank you for sharing your kindness with me. I am so grateful.
Today, my husband and I are cooking our very first Thanksgiving dinner together (we’ll miss our family and their cooking skills!). Somehow I’ve been tasked with all the easier recipes (clearly I am not that dependable in the kitchen, ha). And then we’re decorating our tree in the way of our annual tradition: holiday music, festive drinks and we all pitch in. Lots of twinkle lights too.
Wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Wishing you all good health, lots of love and laughter and joy too.
PS: If you’re as keen on early gift shopping as I am, I’ve listed the sales I’m eyeing over the next few days and also linking to a few of my favorite items from each.
Sales I’m shopping this long weekend:
Gift-giving and more:
- 30% off everything at Anthropologie (I ordered 3 of these as gifts – if you follow my stories you’ll recognize the brand!)
- New markdowns at Shopbop (also their gift selection is fun and happy)
- 30% off sitewide at Vince (this cashmere mockneck sweater is gorgeous and on my wishlist!)
- 40% off $125+ at Ralph Lauren (I have and love this skirt)
- Buy More, Save More with up to 40% off at Theory (love this olive peacoat but nothing beats their classic ivory blouse here)
- 25% off at The White Company (I’ve been wearing this cardigan on repeat)
- Everlane (gift ideas for ladies and men)
- Cuyana (I gifted my husband with this last year, and this is a go-to favorite)
- M.M.LaFleur (I live in these cashmere socks!!! Such a luxe gift for staying at home more this year…)
- Sezane (they win the prize for best shipments – the scent, the packaging, and even the cute padded jewelry case for their necklace for example)
“Home is where the heart is” rings more true this year than ever before. The online shops I’m shopping to find homewares:
- 20% off sitewide at Shoppe Amber Interiors (these dish towels and this bath towel – perfect for the guest bathroom; also this wicker woven cube)
- 20% off sitewide at McGee & Co. (this vintage jar and this beautiful end table)
- 25% off full-priced items at Lulu & Georgia (we bought our outdoor sofa here)
Designer sale hunting here: